Business & Corporate, Employment, and Commercial Real Estate Legal Services
I counsel and represent businesses and their owners, executives, and managers in a broad range of legal issues arising throughout the entire business life cycle, including business and corporate organizational law, commercial law, employment law, and commercial real estate law. Contact my Springfield, New Jersey office for a consultation at (973) 921-0600 to discuss your legal needs.
- Business Formation. I advise new businesses and entrepreneurs in choosing among the many available business structures, including sole proprietorships (SPs), general partnerships (GPs), limited partnerships (LPs), limited liability partnerships (LLPs), limited liability companies (LLCs), and business and professional service corporations.
- Business Governance and Succession Planning. I counsel and represent clients regarding the ownership and management of their companies as well as managing relationships with partners, managers and other key people. My service include helping business owners plan for business succession to ensure that their businesses continue, transfer or wind up in an orderly fashion following after the death or retirement of a company owner. As part of these services, I prepare clear and comprehensive corporation shareholder agreements, LLC operating agreements, partnership agreements, and other essential governance documents.
- Business Sales and Purchases, Reorganizations and Dissolutions. I counsel and represent clients regarding buying or selling a business, including asset sales/purchases and stock sales/purchases, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, reorganizations, and dissolving business structures and entities.
- Commercial Transactions. I counsel and represent clients in important business and commercial transactions and borrowing and lending arrangements. My services include preparing a wide range of agreements, contracts and other important transactional documents, including customer and vendor contracts, and independent contractor agreements.
- Business Disputes and Litigation. I counsel and represent clients in a broad spectrum of business disputes and lawsuits, including breach of contract actions, shareholder/partnership/member disputes, commercial collection matters, business fraud, trade name misappropriation, unfair competition, interference with relationships and contracts, and commercial collections and disputes.
- Employment Relationships. I counsel and represent clients in a variety employment law matters. I review, evaluate, negotiate, and draft employment contracts, handbooks/manuals/policies, restrictive covenants and agreements (including non-compete, non-solicitation, and non-disclosure agreements), and separation/severance agreements.
- Employment Litigation. I represent businesses and individuals in a wide range of employment law disputes and litigation, including claims of discrimination, harassment, retaliation, wrongful termination, breach of restrictive covenants and employment agreements, defamation, and emotional distress.
- Commercial Real Estate. I represent businesses and individuals buying or selling commercial and industrial properties. I also review, evaluate, negotiate, and draft commercial leases, subleases, and licenses, and represent clients in commercial real estate litigation and disputes, including landlord-tenant issues.
For more information, I invite you to visit my BLOG page, sign up for my e-newsletters, or call or contact me today for a consultation at (973) 921-0600.